Shri. A.C. Deb (Founder Principal)
April 1931 to February, 1966
April 7, 1931 is a red letter day in the history of Cambridge School. It was on this day that the first Cambridge School was established
on a humble note in a two room flat in Qutab Road, Sadar Bazar by its founder Late Sh. Aloke Chandra Deb. Originally from Dehradun, where he taught at Col. Brown’s School, and was Headmaster at the Gurkha Military School, Shri Deb came to Delhi to establish his own school.Within a month the school had moved to Daryaganj, which was then the heart of the city, and soon took the shape of a full-fledged High School with a fairly large hostel.This was the first institution in Delhi to prepare students for the Senior Cambridge examination. For 28 years Cambridge School was located in a rented bungalow at No. 2 Daryaganj, till it moved, in 1963 to its own premises in Srinivaspuri on the Ring Road.
Cambridge school Srinivaspuri had made tremendous progress under his dynamic leadership and after his demise, under his wife Smt. Roma Deb.
Today there are eight Cambridge Schools in and around Delhi run by the Society for Advancement of education.
- Cambridge School, Srinivaspuri
- Cambridge Primary School, Daryaganj
- Cambridge Primary School, New Rohtak Road
- Cambridge Primary School, New Friends Colony
- Cambridge School, Noida
- Cambridge School, Greater Noida
- Cambridge School, Indirapuram
- Raja Ram Mohan Roy Academy, Dehradun